There are a range of advantages and benefits that owners of Nauru flagged vessels enjoy and these include the following:
- Special discounted fees for:
Fast and convenient 24-hour efficient service, 365 days a year to facilitate owners to sail their vessels within the shortest possible time.
Efficient telecommunications, financial and legal services readily available to owners to assist them whenever and wherever necessary.
Do not require the use of lawyers as intermediaries for registration and as such there are no lawyer / agent fees that apply unless owner chooses to use an agent. All application for any certificate or document can be made directly to the registry via the owner or the owner's appointed manager.
There is no restriction on the nationality of ownership.
There is no restriction on the nationality of officers or crew. Crew certifications from IMO “White Listed” countries are recognized.
Tax exempt for Nauru vessels on the income of the shipping entity in respect of capital gains or profits derived from its ownership or operation, or on any dividends.
- first-time Owners / Operators who flag their vessels under Nauru;
- fleet discount for two (2) or more vessels registered at the same time or within a period of 12 months;
- vessels below the age of 15 years – discount increases as age decreases;
- vessels above 20,000 GT – discount increases as GT increases, and
- vessels that have excellent Port State Control record.